Sunday, 15 September 2013

Open House

A huge THANK YOU to those of you who came along to yesterday's open house. I hope you had fun and enjoyed making the Make and Take.

I had over 20 people visit, many of them arriving in the first 30 minutes so I have to admit that it was a little busy at times. So busy that I did not manage to take any photos during the event. Luckily, I did think to take some just before everyone arrived.

My display board - apologies for the wonky card (top left)

A banner that I made using the Festive Flurries bundle and the Build a Banner Simply Created Kit

Me thinks I have too much stash - my retired goodies for sale. Down to one box now!

My craft room neat and tidy for once

The Make and Take was I think a success - we used the Best of Christmas stamp set, with a few other goodies and the card looked like this.


Everyone also got to add a matching insert to their envelope but for some reason I forgot to take a photo of the sample and it's now disappeared. If anyone who came could please take a photo of their envelope and email it to me,  I will add it to here.

Stampin' Up! supplies used:

Stamp set : Best of Christmas
Card Stock : Whisper White, Island Indigo and pack of Note Cards and Envelopes
DSP: Winter Frost Designer Series Paper Stack (ideal for card fronts)
Ink : Island Indigo
Accessories : Christmas Ornament Punch, Silver 1/8" Ribbon, Basic Rhinestones, Envelope Liners Framelits Dies (project not shown, sorry), and Dimensionals

All in all a good day, and I'm pleased to report that my Mum got home safe and sound, albeit in a recovery truck (her car broke down on the drive).

Now that the Open House is over and done with things will, I hope, get back to normal here. I still have three classes this month - next weekend is the regular monthly classes and there are some spaces still available. The following week is the Christmas Stamp-a-stack. This class is now full but there are some spaces still available on the other one which is being held on 9 November.

I am going to try to be more regular with future postings. I have learned that it's simply not possible to do it on a daily basis because non-crafting life has a habit of getting in the way. I'm aiming for every other day but you never know it might be a little more frequently.


2 comments:

  1. Looks great boy you've been busy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dawn. I'm so glad that I take part in swaps, otherwise I would never have been able to fill that board with that many different samples.

      Delete

Thanks for taking time to visit my blog. I'd love to hear your thoughts and comments about my projects so please feel free to leave them here. Fiona x