Thursday, 30 January 2014

Thought it was about time...

that I entered a challenge. It's ages since I took part in a challenge, in fact it must be months (oops).

As usual, there are lots to choose from but after checking out a few a decided on the latest challenge from Freshly Made Sketches. It's their Sketch 121

http://freshlymadesketches.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/freshly-made-sketches-121-sketch-by.html


I opted to use some of my Sale-A-Bration goodies. I was going to use the Sweet Sorbet Designer Series Paper but decided against it. Instead I decided to use the same colours that are in the paper and the Petal Parade stamp set.

Here's my take on the sketch.


I made a mask for each of the stamps so that I was able to overlap the images without over stamping. This is one of my favourite techniques and it really lends itself to this Sale-A-Bration stamp set.

Stampin' Up! supplies used:

Stamp sets : Petal Parade (Sale-A-Bration) and Starburst Sayings (Spring/Summer)
Ink : Sahara Sand, Pool Party, Crisp Cantaloupe and Pistachio Pudding
Card Stock : Sahara Sand, Pool Party and Whisper White
Accessories : Circles Collection Framelits, 1-3/4" Circle Punch, Essentials Paper-Piercing Pack, Paper-Piercing Tool and Dimensionals

I hope you like my entry and as always please feel free to leave a comment.

4 comments:

  1. Very clean and pretty! I bet it's a pick this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your outlined circles! Beautifully done! Thanks for joining us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layers to your card! I really like how you framed your circles by piercing the paper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a simple yet striking card. I love the use of paper piercing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to visit my blog. I'd love to hear your thoughts and comments about my projects so please feel free to leave them here. Fiona x