Monday, 14 July 2014

Lots of Happy Birthdays

The summer months are really busy with birthdays.

I was one of the younger kids in my school year, my birthday is at the end of this month and I share it with a friend and also one of my nephews.  I have a few more friends with birthdays this month too. As a result, alot of my crafting last week was taken up with making Birthday Cards.

One of the birthday's was this past weekend, so I think I'm OK to post a photo now.



The photo does not do the card justice - it really is far better in real life and I can't re-photo it because it went in the post last week! I only hope that Pip liked it.

The background paper comes from the new All Abloom Designer Series Paper Stack. I love these stacks, they are such great value. The pack of 48 sheets (measuring 11.4 cm x 16,5 cm) costs £6.25. The size of each double sheet means that there is very little waste when using it for a card front.

The tag comes from the Tag Talk stamp set. I punched out the greeting using the Label Bracket punch and then punched out two Mossy Meadow labels that I cut in half and mounted behind the stamped greeting.

The ribbon is one of the new 1/4" (6.4 mm) Cotton Ribbons.  This one is in Daffodil Delight and it's really soft and easy to use.

Stampin' Up! supplies used:

I'll be sharing the other birthday cards once the relevant days have passed.


3 comments:

  1. I really like the way you've mounted the sentiment in green - it really makes it pop

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very stylish love the ship in your previous post too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dawn. I love the Traveler set , it's a great one to use for cards for the men.

      Delete

Thanks for taking time to visit my blog. I'd love to hear your thoughts and comments about my projects so please feel free to leave them here. Fiona x