Sunday, 2 November 2014

Flower Patch Frenzy Box

When I saw the box made by Caroline Hallett at the Stampin' Up! European Convention, I knew that I had CASe it. I have of course put my own slant on it.

This is a photo of Caroline's projects pinned to the board. The box is what I have to share with you today but the card is one that we had as a Make & Take (different colours though).



Caroline's box is a rectangular cube but I decided to make mine a square cube, so all sides are the same length. If you would like to see Caroline's box in more detail you can check it out here - Craftyhallett. She also has instructions on how to make her box.

My box was made from one piece of 12" x 12" Lost Lagoon card stock and the new Gift Box Punch Board. Cutting and scoring/punching instructions for various square boxes are on the punch board, but it is possible to make rectangular boxes too.

This is my box. As you can see, I decorated it with flowers from the Flower Patch stamp set. I told you the other day that I'd been on a bit of a flower patch frenzy!


Closed finished box with belly band.

Top of the box


Inside the box. The pockets contain packaged tea bags. Luckily the colour co-ordinates!

Inside of the box with some wrapped biscuits (tied up with Lost Lagoon ribbon)
I had a lot of fun making the box. The box itself was really easy to make. It was the decorating that took a bit longer. I love the colours as they are really vibrant - this year's In Colors (with a bit of Pear Pizzazz thrown in for good measure).

I took my box one stage further that Caroline's by adding a belly band in Blackberry Bliss.

Details of all the Stampin' Up! supplies used are as follows:



Oops. Sorry, missed off the Blackberry Bliss card stock (item no. 133682 £6.25).

My head is totally spinning with box ideas at the moment and I am pretty sure that one of those ideas will make it's way into a class sometime early in the New Year (gulp).

2 comments:

  1. This is really lovely, especially like the colour combinations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah. I had fun making it and the fact that the stamps are photopolymer (clear) makes it easy to add the different coloured layers.

      Delete

Thanks for taking time to visit my blog. I'd love to hear your thoughts and comments about my projects so please feel free to leave them here. Fiona x