This is one of the cards that was made at a recent Team Training event. It's a technique that is fun to do but there is a fair bit of work involved. It's known as Secret Letters or an Embedded Stacked Technique.
It's nothing really complicated, simply repetitive and a little bit fiddly. I could have made things easy for everyone by using one of the dies from the Hello You Thinlits, but no, I opted for the Little Letters Thinlits instead!
To make the card follow these steps:
1. Stamp the card front first. Block image stamps work the best, as they will give you a block of colour.
2. Using the framelits, cut out the word from the stamped card front - make sure you keep all of the bits.
3. Cut out your word four more times from some Whisper White card stock (that was the mean bit as the word on the card above has 5 letters so that's 20 letters in Whisper White to be cut).
4. Glue your stamped card front onto a piece of co-ordinating card stock.
5. Glue in the first set of Whisper White letters into the spaces. If you have something like an "o" or another letter like an "a" or an "e"then you need to glue in the centre bits that were cut out of the card front. This is because you don't want those bits to stick out like sore thumbs.
6. Continue to glue and stack the actual letters ending with the letters that have the stamped image on them.
7. Finish off the card as you desire.
The Stampin' Up! supplies I used to make this card were:
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
I plan for us to make a version of this card at April's All Day Craft Event but we will be using the Crazy About You stamp set and the Hello You Thinlit Dies. I'll let you know how we get on after the event. If you are interested in attending please contact me as there are a couple of spaces still left.