Thursday, 23 July 2015

Birthday Blossoms - Card and Box

This is the last of this week's posts featuring the Birthday Blossoms stamp set. This time around I have made a card with a matching box.

The box measures 4" x 4" x 1" and can fit small cards or a small gift in. I've made quite a few of these boxes over the years and have no idea who to give credit to as the original seems to have been lost over the years. I just know it as a mini pizza box. If you know the name of the originator please let me know. I've been making these since 2012 so I am guessing that the original must pre-date that.



The box only requires one sheet of A4 card stock that is cut to 6" x 11" before it's scored, folded, snipped and stuck together. There is now a tutorial for it on my Tutorials page. Of course you can decorate the box as you wish but for this one I chose to pair the Birthday Blossoms and the Petite Petals stamp sets.

Here's a close up of the card and box by themselves.

I like to decorate my envelopes and of course the inside of the card is too

I figured that it does not matter if the flowers over hang the edges a little.
The ribbon and "medallion" slip off the box so you can open it.
The tutorial has a full list of the supplies used, but the full information is also below. Please note that I have shown both the Bundle and Non Bundle Options and also Wood and Clear Mount Options. 

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

Have fun making your own boxes. I would love to see some of them, so feel free to post photos in the comments section.

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous little set. I love the little 4"x4" boxes and cards. I make them regularly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Erin. These boxes are fun to make and quite quick and easy too.

      Delete

Thanks for taking time to visit my blog. I'd love to hear your thoughts and comments about my projects so please feel free to leave them here. Fiona x