This weekend I've been busy preparing for my January classes and team training too. This afternoon, I took a couple of hours out to check out some of the challenges and decided to give the current Freshly Made Sketches Challenge a go. I've only just made it though as entry closes tomorrow.
This is their challenge no. 217
Because we are now into the New Year, I decided to have a play with some of my Stampin' Up! sneak peek products and this is what I came up with.
It was made with the new (available from 5 January) Friends & Flowers stamp set and the returning Festive Flower Punch. The cute Crushed Curry centre for the flower is an enamel dot from the It's My Party Enamel Dots ( 96 dots, 16 each in 3 colours (Crushed Curry, Melon Mambo and Mint Macaron) in 2 sizes).
The sentiment comes from the And Many More stamp set (in the annual catalogue).
For those of you not familiar with the Festive Flower Punch there is a trick to lining up the Clear Stamps for the punch. That's assuming you want to punch them all out at the same time.
I've found the following to work the best for me.
1. Using a scrap piece of cardstock (Thick Whisper White is good for this), punch out the images all at once.
2. Turn the punch over (as per above) and match up the cardstock so that the punched images have the same orientation.
3. Mark the cardstock so that you know which is the top.
4. To stamp, simply place stamps (red rubber down) in the appropriate punched shape and then place an Acrylic Block on top. You will then have the correct placement of the stamps to line up with the punch.
6. Keep the punched cardstock in the stamp case for future use.
Here's a another picture of the card so you can see the inside too.