Saturday, 23 April 2016

Paper folded card

I've seen a few of these sorts of cards on Pinterest recently but I still haven't figured out what they are called. Some people call them Curtain Folds, others Drapery Fold and I've even seen Ruffle Fold cards. Either way, I liked the idea so much that I thought I'd give it a try.

I've used some of the Love Blossom Designer Series Pack because I figured out that I could just get away with using a piece that is only 6" wide if you make a standard A6 portrait card. Most of the cards I'd seen were landscape and you need a much wider piece of Designer Series Paper for that.

I think it worked out pretty well and I'll be posting a tutorial on how to do this effect later in the month for both portrait and landscape cards.

Let me know what you think of the card.

Fiona x


  1. Great job on this card! Looking forward to the tutorial.

  2. Am new at card-making, and I love this idea.

  3. What size is the cardstock and what are the measurements of the score marks?

  4. What is the measurement of the love blossom paper and what are the measurements for the scored lines?

    1. Hi Morgan, thanks for getting in touch. There is a tutorial for the card on my tutorial page -

      Scroll down until you find the 9th one - Curtain/Drapery Fold Card. Hope this helps.



Thanks for taking time to visit my blog. I'd love to hear your thoughts and comments about my projects so please feel free to leave them here. Fiona x