Sunday, 16 October 2016

Time for a challenge

I've just taken some time away from making my swaps for November's Stampin' Up! event in Telford to take part in this week's CAS Colours & Sketches Challenge.  It's a sketch one.



Here's my entry. 


I love the Santa in the Cookie-Cutter Christmas stamp set, he is so cute. The co-ordinating punch means that there is no need for any fussy cutting.

The card was simple to make. The basic steps being:
  • Take half an A4 (A5) piece of Thick Whisper White and fold it in half to make the card base.
  • A 4.5 cm x 11.5 cm piece of Designer Series Paper (DSP) was used as the vertical element. Mine is from the Candy Cane Lane DSP pack.
  • A strip of Whisper White cardstock measuring 2.0 cm x 8.0 cm was used to stamp the sentiment. I also cut one end into a banner. The sentiment comes from the Cookie-Cutter Christmas stamp set.
  • I used a scrap of Whisper White ( 4.5 cm x 6.0 cm) for stamping Santa. He was coloured in using Real Red, Basic Grey and Blushing Bride Stampin' Write Markers. 
  • I used some Gold and Clear Wink of Stella. The gold on the belt buckle and the clear on Santa's beard, hat and jacket.
  • The DSP was glued to the card front and the other elements were adhered using Stampin' Dimensionals.
As always, please feel free to leave a comment.

Fiona xx

8 comments:

  1. Adorable card; perfectly CAS! Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen. I always enjoy playing along with the challenges.

      Delete
  2. Super take on the sketch, love it! Thanks for playing at CC&S.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jane. Looking forward to the next.

      Delete
  3. Such a fun and festive card, loving that cute santa! Thanks for joining in at CC&S this week. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving the Santa against the speckled paper. It's a perfectly festive color combo! Thanks for sharing your cute card with us at CC&S! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Patricia. I love the Candy Cane Lane DSP - it's going to get used quite a bit this christmas.

      Delete

Thanks for taking time to visit my blog. I'd love to hear your thoughts and comments about my projects so please feel free to leave them here. Fiona x