Monday, 3 October 2016

When is a pop up card not a pop up card?

 When it's a Christmas decoration of course!



For World Card Making Day (1 October),  I had 9 ladies over and I introduced them to the art of making pop up cards. As well as talking them through it step by step, everyone got to make a proto-type for future reference and of course the actual card.

When I was designing the card, I liked the idea of putting a belly band around it to keep it closed. I then have a brain wave to take it one stage further and use the belly band as a way of hanging the card.


The idea is to put some Stampin' Dimensionals on the inside upper panel rather than another snowman or penguin. When sending the card I will include some instructions on what to do. Namely peel the backing off the Dimensionals and then slide the belly band over (without it touching the dimensionals) until it's in a place they are happy with.

This is what it looks like hanging up.


The photo does not really do it justice, it's most definitely cuter in real life.

I love the This Christmas Specialty Designer Series Paper - you get 24 lightweight sheets (4 each of 6 double sided paper) for £11.75. Having 4 sheets of the same paper is great if you want to make lots of the same card or project.

I will be adding a tutorial later this month on how to make these cards, and I'll let you know once I've done it.

Fiona xx

If you'd like to know what I used to make the card, details are as follows:


1 comment:

  1. BERNATH cigale.nathalie@wanadoo.fr8 October 2016 at 11:05

    SUPERBE CREA

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to visit my blog. I'd love to hear your thoughts and comments about my projects so please feel free to leave them here. Fiona x