This week it's a sketch.
I've only made this type of card a couple of times and to be honest I was a little daunted by it the first time. The trick as mentioned in the challenge is to cut both pieces of cardstock or designer series paper the same size. You then turn the pieces so that the bottom edge of the top layer is horizontal on the card (as you look at it) and the bottom layer not.
- I cut my piece of Whisper White cardstock first (mine measures 7.5 cm x 12.9 cm) and punched a heart out using the Sweetheart Punch.
- I placed the Whisper White cardstock over the Candy Cane Lane Designer Series Paper (DSP) so that I could see the candy cane heart through the punched shape.
- I then placed another 7.5 cm x 12.9 cm piece of cardstock over the top so that it's edges where protruding over the cardstock underneath (hope this makes sense) and marked where the corners were on the DSP.
- I then used a ruler to draw the lines and I then cut out the DSP with my Stampin' Trimmer.
- I stamped my sentiment (from the Tin of Tags stamp set) in Real Red onto the piece of Whisper White cardstock.
- And then lastly, all the pieces were then layered onto a Real Red card base. I used Stampin' Dimensionals for the Whisper White cardstock to give it some depth.
Ok, so it's not your traditional Christmas card but I like it and I hope you do too. Please feel free to leave a comment and let me know what you think.