Wednesday, 23 November 2016

CAS Colours & Sketches Challenge #200

Another Wednesday, so welcome to my post for this week's CAS Colours & Sketches Challenge. Blue is my favourite colour so I'm really happy to be entering a project for this week's challenge.



I decided to keep to a Christmas theme and used three Stampin' Up! blues - Island Indigo,  Night of Navy and Pool Party.

The card is simply one layer and I used a piece of Shimmery White cardstock for it.


The card was very easy to make. Basic instructions are:
  • Cut a piece of A4 Shimmery White cardstock down it's length to give a piece measuring 10.5 cm x 29.8 cm
  • Score the Shimmery White cardstock at 14.9 cm and then fold and burnish the fold with a Bone Folder.
  • Stamp sentiment in bottom right corner (I used Night of Navy) and leave to dry for a minute or two.
  • Mask off with Washi Tape the left edge (about 0.5 cm in) of the card and put another strip about 4.5 cm in from the left edge. This leaves you a 4.0 cm width to stamp in.
  • Stamp images within the 4.0 cm width. I used the Flurry of Wishes stamp set and Island Indigo, Night of Navy and Pool Party coloured inks.. 
  • Once dry, peel off the Washi Tape.
  • I added a large Basic Rhinestone to the middle of the largest snowflake.
  • I also stamped the inside of the card.



I hope you like the card and that you give this technique a go. It's a very quick and effective way of making a card - just what you need when you are making lots of Christmas cards.

As always, please feel free to leave a comment.

Fiona xx

If you are interested, details of the products that I used are as follows:

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I love the stripe of snowlakes and the little touch of stamping on the inside! Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just love the shimmery cardstock? It's wonderful for making snowflakes glisten like you've done with it here! Thanks so much for participating in our birthday challenge at CC&S! :)
    P.S. I have a feeling you may like our next sketch challenge... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snowflakes are always a good choice to stamp in a trio of blue :) FAB CAS design and thanks for joining in on the celebration at CC&S. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to visit my blog. I'd love to hear your thoughts and comments about my projects so please feel free to leave them here. Fiona x