I decided to keep to a Christmas theme and used three Stampin' Up! blues - Island Indigo, Night of Navy and Pool Party.
The card is simply one layer and I used a piece of Shimmery White cardstock for it.
The card was very easy to make. Basic instructions are:
- Cut a piece of A4 Shimmery White cardstock down it's length to give a piece measuring 10.5 cm x 29.8 cm
- Score the Shimmery White cardstock at 14.9 cm and then fold and burnish the fold with a Bone Folder.
- Stamp sentiment in bottom right corner (I used Night of Navy) and leave to dry for a minute or two.
- Mask off with Washi Tape the left edge (about 0.5 cm in) of the card and put another strip about 4.5 cm in from the left edge. This leaves you a 4.0 cm width to stamp in.
- Stamp images within the 4.0 cm width. I used the Flurry of Wishes stamp set and Island Indigo, Night of Navy and Pool Party coloured inks..
- Once dry, peel off the Washi Tape.
- I added a large Basic Rhinestone to the middle of the largest snowflake.
- I also stamped the inside of the card.
I hope you like the card and that you give this technique a go. It's a very quick and effective way of making a card - just what you need when you are making lots of Christmas cards.
As always, please feel free to leave a comment.
If you are interested, details of the products that I used are as follows: