Tuesday, 10 January 2017

CAS Colours & Sketches Challenge #205

Welcome to this week's CC&S Challenge, and it's Karen's second challenge of the month.

I love, love, love  the Jackson Pollock type splats on this sketch but of course you are welcome to use your own interpretation.




I wasn't brave enough to stand and splat ink all over the card front, so I grabbed by Gorgeous Grunge stamp set.



The sentiment comes from the new Birthday Blast stamp set.


I used a Dapper Denim card base and also the same colour ink for the lines, small splats and the sentiment. I added some larger splats in Crushed Curry and carried that over for the mat for the sentiment.

In case you are wondering, my husband and I are huge Jackson Pollock fans. In fact we have a triptych picture hanging in our hall that my husband made.  I love the picture , and it always gets lots of compliments, but hate the acrylic paint spots left all over my craft studio floor. A word of warning, cloth dust sheets keep the worst off the floor but paint still gets through the weave.

Anyway, I hope you like the card and please feel free to leave a comment.

Fiona xx

8 comments:

  1. Awesome card, I love the grunge images! Stamping on the inside - yes! love that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect choice of grunge stamp and beautifully bold and cheerful colour combo. FAB CAS card. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super card, I love this stamps set.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute, Fiona!! I love the way this card turned out and your take on the sketch. Great grunge!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colour combo you have used and the grunge stamp. The stamping on the inside looks great too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK, this is probably going to sound weird - but the stamps you've used (especially the vertical lines) make me think of those shiny, sparkly ribbon-like curtains like they used to use on game shows, and they'd open the curtains to reveal the prize the contestant has won. They just really give off a party atmosphere that's perfect with the sentiment you've chosen. What a fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these colours together, inspired. And the addition of the inside stamping makes your card so special.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You cant beat Gorgeous Grunge! Love your colour combo x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to visit my blog. I'd love to hear your thoughts and comments about my projects so please feel free to leave them here. Fiona x