Tuesday, 24 January 2017

CAS Colours & Sketches Challenge # 207

This week we have another sketch challenge from Karen, she's really on a roll with these.


I'm not sure about wiggly lines, especially because I don't have a trimmer that is suitable to cut cardstock or paper and I'm a bit lethal with a craft knife (only to myself). But, photopolymer stamps are great for curving. Especially those that have long thin images. Once I figured that out I knew exactly what I wanted to try.

It did take me a couple of goes to get a shape that I was happy with. In fact, there are three stamped lacy images on my project, and I actually had all three on the acrylic block at the same time. This  meant that I could stamp them all at once and there was no need to try to line things up individually.


The lacy images come from a stamp set called Delicate Details. It's one of the stamp sets you can currently get for free as part of Sale-A-Bration.

My card base is made out of Crumb Cake cardstock and I added both a Crumb Cake and Very Vanilla layer to the base card. You can see this better in the photo below.

I wanted to keep the card fairly neutral colour wise so I used Early Espresso and Crumb Cake inks. I used the Early Espresso for the lace and both Early Espresso and Crumb Cake for the banner/sentiment.


The sentiment and banner come from a stamp set called Banners for You.  There are in fact dies that can be used to cut out the banners, but in this instance I quickly fussy cut it out with a pair of paper snips. I finished off the banner with a couple of pearls because I felt it needed a little extra.

Thanks for stopping by to check out my project, please feel free to leave a comment. I hope you decide to enter a card for the challenge and you have until 11.00 pm next Monday (30 Jan) to do so.

Fiona xx

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful lacy stamps and fabulous simple colour scheme, gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those lacy stamped images, great card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and delicate. I especially like how you replicated the design inside your card. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your take on the sketch, Fiona! Great stamp to use for this sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really pretty lace stamps and they work very well with the neutral colours scheme x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! I just got my order in the mail and that lacy set was the first SAB item I picked!! Love how you've used them here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love the lace stamps they are so pretty. They worked so nicely in the inside of your card too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to visit my blog. I'd love to hear your thoughts and comments about my projects so please feel free to leave them here. Fiona x