I think this colour combination is great, with all three colours coming from the Brights collection (yummy).
This coming Sunday is Mother's Day. Traditionally here in the UK it is the 4th Sunday of Lent but I know that a lot of other countries don't actually celebrate it until May.
This is one of the card's I've made for Sunday. I need two to send, one to my Mother and the other to my Mother-in-law, but I'm only sharing one of them on here.
I was looking through my scrap box when I came across the Pacific Point layer (it already had an oval cut in it) and it fitted in with my idea so I decided to use it.
Details of how I made the card are as follows:
- Cut an large oval into a 10.0 x 14.4 cm piece of Pacific Point (this was already done for me) and then glue the piece of Pacific Point onto the Thick Whisper White card base.
- Stamp the curved bloom stamp from the That's the Tag stamp set in Memento Black onto a piece of Whisper White cardstock and then colour in using Old Olive and Rich Razzleberry ink and a Blender Pen. As an alternative you could use Stampin' Write Markers.
- Stamp the sentiment in Pacific Point into the curve of the bloom.
- Cut the whole stamped image out using one of the ovals from the Stitched Shapes Framelits.
- Cut a larger oval scallop from the piece of Rich Razzleberry cardstock using the Layering Oval Framelits.
- Layer the two ovals into the cut oval hole using Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Stamp the happy mother's day sentiment (from the TeenyTiny Sentiments stamp set) in Pacific Point onto a scrap of Whisper White and cut out using one of the smaller oval dies from the Layering Oval Framelits.
- Cut a Rich Razzleberry oval slightly larger than the mother's day sentiment and then attach the two ovals together using a couple of Stampin' Dimensionals. Glue the whole thing to the card front. I added a small basic rhinestone to add a little bit of bling.
I hope you give the challenge a try and as always please feel free to leave a comment.
If you are interested in finding out about the products I used, details are as follows (click on each pic for more info). Don't forget that Sale-A-Bration ends on 31 March, so you only have 10 days left to get your free item with each £45 spend.