I thought long and hard about whether I wanted to go for a landscape card but decided to leave it portrait. This is what I came up with.
The cake is made up of stamps from the photopolymer Cake Crazy stamp set; each cake layer is made up of two stamps. And, the happy birthday sentiment is one of the many sentiments from the Teeny Tiny Sentiments stamps set (a great set of 24 sentiments for different occasions).
To make the card:
- Use a 21.0 x 14.9 cm piece of Thick Whisper White, scored and folded at 10.5 cm to make a standard (UK) A6 card.
- Cut a piece of Night of Navy to 8.0 x 12.0 cm and a piece of Whisper White to 6.0 x 10.0 cm.
- Stamp the cake and candles onto the 6.0 x 10.0 cm piece of Whisper White using Marina Mist, Night of Navy, Pool Party and also Daffodil Delight inks.
- Glue the stamped image to the Night of Navy cardstock and then adhere the whole thing to the card front using Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Stamp a sentiment in Night of Navy onto a scrap piece of Whisper White cardstock and then punch out using the Classic Label punch. Adhere this to the card front.
- Add a Daffodil Delight Enamel Shape (from the Brights Enamel Shape) to the sentiment to tie in the yellow flames on the candles.
I hope you give the challenge a go and you have until 11.00 pm on Monday 3 April to do so. Not sure what's allowed? You can check out the rules here - CAS Challenge Rules.
If you are interested in finding out more information about the supplies used, details are as follows: