Tuesday, 11 April 2017

Case Colours & Sketches - Challenge # 218

It's the second challenge for April so this week Bev has a sketch for us. 


I don't know why but I found this one particularly challenging, and in the end I had to make mine a landscape project. I think it works. For some reason it was the little square that caused me the most issues! Mind you I probably could have used another shape, but I took the decision to try to keep as close to the sketch as possible. Don't forget to check out what the others have done.




I have used the Affectionately Yours Designer Series paper along with flowers from the co-ordinating Love & Affection stamp set. The fabulous sentiment comes from the Suite Sayings stamp set. I love the sentiments in the Suite Sayings - there is something for all and what's more they are a great set to use your markers on. You can colour words in different colours and even colour in some of the sentiment like I did the leaves above.

Sadly, all of these are on the retirement list that came out yesterday. Something I did not know when I designed the card. Actually, that's not quite true because I knew that the inks I used for the flowers would be retiring because they are from the 2015-2017 In Colors.



Anyway, I hope you like my card and as always please feel free to leave a comment.

Fiona xx

If you are interested in finding out more about the products used, details are as follows:

7 comments:

  1. Really pretty Fiona and I like how the sketch looks rotated. Fab designer paper too, love its dark background and bright flowers and leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you rotated the sketch too Fiona and using some of my favourite paper - I'll be sad to see this go! The navy and florals look great against the white. So great to catch up with you briefly in Amsterdam too - roll on November!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the sketch rotated and awesome DP and matching stamps. Beautifully done :) Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card. Great way to use busy pattern paper in CAS way; I gotta remember that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like how you rotated the sketch on this. The flowers are so pretty and I LOVE the addition of the inside look!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea to rotate the sketch and love the choice of colours you've used!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to visit my blog. I'd love to hear your thoughts and comments about my projects so please feel free to leave them here. Fiona x