Tuesday, 30 May 2017

CAS Colours & Sketches - Challenge # 225

It's the fifth and final Tuesday of May which means that this week there is a double challenge for you.

This is the one that Patricia has come up with for us.



Although I've been a Stampin' Up! demonstrator for six years (this month is my sixth anniversary) I have to admit that I am not familiar with the colours Purely Pomegranate and Blue Bayou. I do recall Baja Breeze but unfortunately I no longer have anything in that colour.


Instead I have used the three colours which I think are the closest, and which I have. These are


Here's my take on the double.



I used the Vertical Greetings stamp set along with my Stampin' Write markers. There should in fact be three tiers to the plant but I only inked up two. It was the only way I could get it on the card that I'd cut. I think it still works though.

The sentiment comes from the same stamp set and I used an ink pad for that simply because it gives a more even coverage.

To make this card I used the following:

  • Rose Red cardstock measuring 14.9 x 21.0 cm - score and fold at 10.5 cm to make the card base.
  • Whisper White cardstock measuring 14.4 x 10.0 cm - glue to card front.
  • Island Indigo cardstock strip measuring 10.0 x 3.0 cm - glue across the Whisper White on the card front.
  • Whisper White cardstock measuring 6.0 x 9.0 cm - stamp image using Island Indigo, Pool Party and Rose Red markers. Then stamp sentiment using a Pool Party ink pad. Adhere to Pool Party cardstock measuring 6.5 x 9.5 cm and then to a piece of Island Indigo cardstock measuring 7.0 x 10.0 cm. Adhere the whole think at an angle to the card front using dimensionals.
Don't forget to pop over to the CAS Colours & Sketches blog to check out everyone else's projects and you can use the link on there to add your project.

Fiona xx


8 comments:

  1. I love this card, I m so tempted to buy the vertical greeting sentiments, I think I need to now x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicky. I hope you feel inspired to give this new challenge a go. x

      Delete
  2. Pretty card, Fiona! Wonderful job with the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card! I love that potted plant and the vertical sentiment works so well with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your color substitutions are perfectly fine! Sorry for reaching so far back into the SU color archives - Purely Pomegranate and Blue Bayou were In Colors for 2007-2008 but they've been two of my all-time faves. Your topiary stamp was a good choice with the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I especially love your stamped image, Fiona!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful CAS and crisp design, love your chosen stamps too. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to visit my blog. I'd love to hear your thoughts and comments about my projects so please feel free to leave them here. Fiona x