Tuesday, 19 September 2017

CAS Colours & Sketches - Challenge # 241

Wow, it's Tuesday again so time for another challenge. As this is my third challenge of the month it means it's a colour one.

When I came up with this colour combination, I thought it would be a great one for Autumn. Having said that, this past week has been pretty dull and dreary here in the UK weather wise. So, I decided to  come up with a something a little more cheery and summery with the colours.


CC&S #241, Summer, Card Challenge

I kept the card very clean and simple - no embellishments, just the one layer of stamping directly onto a piece of Whisper White cardstock. The stamp set that I used, Jar of Love, is one that has been sitting on my shelf for a little while. It's a photopolymer stamp set which meant I could stamp the images free hand. Those flowers are individually stamped! Not a bad job if I say so myself.

CC&S #241, Summer, Card Challenge

The inside of the card and also the envelope were decorated with Tranquil Tide and Dapper Denim Washi Tape. I decided to be brave and use Washi Tape again this week despite last week's failed attempt.

Basic Instructions for the card are as follows:
  • Take a piece of Dapper Denim cardstock measuring 10.5 x 29.7cm an score and fold it in half at 14.9 cm.
  • Take a piece of Whisper White cardstock measuring 10.0 x 14.4 cm and stamp a row of flowers in Perfect Plum and then another row above the first in Dapper Denim. Stamp the sentiment in Tranquil Tide.
  • Fix the stamped piece of Whisper White to the card front using Stampin' Dimensionals.
  • Taking a second piece of Whisper White measuring 10.0 x 14.4 cm adhere the two strips of Washi Tape along the bottom. The glue the piece of Whisper White into the card using Multipurpose Glue.
  • Decorate the envelope as desired.

I can't wait to see what the other member's of the Design Team have come up with. You can check them out here - CC&S Challenge #241.

Before you go though, please leave me a comment and let me know how I did.

Fiona xx

My project supply list to shop online is as follows:


5 comments:

  1. So cute, Fiona! Love how you used the colors and your sweet design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the pretty rows of flowers. Perfectly CAS and cheery, I agree the weather here in the UK has been very dire! Thanks for a fun colour combo. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These were great colors, Fiona! Your card is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like that sentiment. The little confetti flowers are such a cute way to show off the challenge colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to visit my blog. I'd love to hear your thoughts and comments about my projects so please feel free to leave them here. Fiona x